5.07.2008

she didn't get upset...

I didn't want to post anything until we were certain it stuck—Aria is officially fine with going to daycare! this is her fifth week there, and for the past two weeks she hasn't minded when I or Dana leave her there.

And thank goodness, cause it was getting bad. Aria would know when we pulled into the parking lot, and she would get upset. It would start at oh about level 6 and would ratchet up with each threshold crossed. Level 11 would be reached when I'd put her down on her side of the classroom. I'd have to drop her and pretty much run out and hide. I felt horrible, and when Dana would drop her off, I had to call to make sure she was fine.

Luckily, I married a smart one. On the second day of the third week, Dana realized that if she let Aria walk into the building, and walk into her classroom on her own, her feelings of independence would override any separation anxiety she might have. Then when I brought her in last week, she started to get upset. I thought "oh no, regression..." but instead of me, Aria put her hands out for one of her teachers to pick her up! turns out she wasn't upset, but excited to see the teacher!

even today, Aria's getting over another cold, and so she was kinda cranky before we even got there. I was prepared for the worst, meaning I'd have to set a new record for the 30ft dash (out of the room). But as soon as I put her down, she saw that it was snacktime, and went to her chair and grabbed her sippy and could care less that I was leaving. My little grown up girl.
:-)

4 comments:

Martina said...

awesome!! :)

La folle maman said...

That's great! Makes sense about the independence part. I had to laugh though about the Level 11. "But this one goes to 11!" :)

caramama said...

yeah! Glad it's going well!

(I also think of "but this goes to 11.")

-goofydaddy said...

"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"

...

...

"but these go to eleven."