8.04.2008

Yummy Grain Waffles

This is the second time I've made these waffles and I just love them! Since we've run out of the last batch in the freezer, Aria's been asking for them every morning. Haha. So, I whipped some up tonight and threw more into the freezer.

They have some pretty interesting ingredients, but surprisingly they all blend together and taste so yummy. I just couldn't resist sharing!

I found the recipie on allrecipes.com, here it is:

INGREDIENTS
2 eggs, beaten
1 3/4 cups skim milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup flax seed meal
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt


DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Beat in whole wheat flour, flax seed meal, wheat germ, all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt until batter is smooth.
Preheat a waffle iron, and coat with cooking spray. Pour batter into waffle iron in batches, and cook until crisp and golden brown.

5 comments:

-goofydaddy said...

they're oh so good fresh from the waffle-iron. thanks dana for bringing me down some tonight!

La folle maman said...

Monkey likes Eggos so maybe we'll give this a try. DH mentioned getting a waffle maker the other day and I said, "Yeah, where are we going to store that!" But perhaps we'll invest in one.

Cate Sia said...

Mmmmm..now I'm hungry for breakfast. Since we lack the waffle maker as well I bet they'd tasted pretty good as pancakes too..? I'll have to find out.

-goofydaddy said...

i dunno. they might not be "cakey" enough for pancakes. feel free to try, but don't blame us if they aren't any good :-)

Martina said...

we're back home and ready to comment on your latest post!! i'll have to keep your recipe in mind since we loves us some waffles!! was great to see you all - eventually i'll have those incriminating pics up on the blog soon - KEVIN!