7.02.2010

good guess, or incredibly smart?

I'd like to think the latter, but I'm skeptical. Here's what happened: I was looking through a guitar catalog, and happened to be on the Martin guitars spread.

my guitar is larger one on the far right (foreground).

Aria looked over, and pointed directly to my guitar, and said "Look daddy! There's your guitar!" I was shocked at first, but then she was on my right, so that was the first guitar she saw probably. So I tested her. I turned to the Gibson guitars spread and asked, "Which is my other guitar?" without a thought, Aria pointed right to my Les Paul!

my Les Paul is the fifth from the right of the group of guitars on the far right.

On a side note, Emmett now claps when we say bye to him. Either he's happy we're leaving, or he thinks that's how you say goodbye. Backwards boy also claps his feet when we ask him to clap his hands!

3 comments:

- Dana said...

Kevin got me to try to pick them out and I got both wrong. I think it's amazing that Aria did that! And as for Emmett...I think we have a future comedian. Haha!

Dave Zak and Family said...

Actually, I think Emmett is way smart too. He's actually thought of two ways (and he's not even a year yet) to totally confuse his parents about what he knows and doesn't know. He really knows how to wave when prompted and clap his hands when he should but it's more fun to give you guys his planned response. Clever little boy....or am I over thinking this? I'd like to think the former because after all, if he did the correct response, most parents would stop working that one real quickly. With the responses Emmett's been giving, think of all the attention he could milk out of it because you're still trying to get him to do it correctly!!
Emmett's Possible Profession: comedian or adult psychologist
Love you guys,
Mom Zak (with correction to identity-- can't use the & symbol because it puts amp (for ampersand) in the identity--duh

Anonymous said...

I think I commented on FB about this but it's worth saying again ... definitely not a fluke! She's definitely smart!