9.23.2008

I'm sneaky

today was Aria's first class picture day! When she woke up this morning I told her, and asked if she could show me a big smile, she said "cheese!" I don't know where she learned that one...

We made sure that she would be as cute as can be, Dana even ironed her dress. it wasn't a super fancy dress, but Aria doesn't care - she really loves dresses these days. When she's getting dressed, if she has a choice, it's usually "pretty dress". well this was a pretty pink dress, so when she saw it this morning, she was pulling off her shirt in no time!

When I got her to school, they were bringing in her class two at a time, so I said my goodbyes and hid around the corner so i could see Aria get her picture taken. I was wondering how it would go. part of me thought we would get pictures of her crying or running up to the camera asking to "see! see! see pictures!"

the room was pretty dark and with the umbrella lights and backdrop, she did get a little scared, so her teacher sat down with her and watched a couple other kids get their pictures taken. she sat there quietly, and watched with what turned into excitement when she saw that the photographer and assistants had an elmo doll who held a feather and wanted to tickle, a scooby doo who liked to sit on top of the photographer's head, and various other fun toys.

towards the end of the other kids' photo session, I heard Aria exclaim "I have a pretty dress!" and then "Aria's turn next?" She was led to the chair where she hopped up and allowed complete strangers to position her legs and hands and then proceeded to smile and giggle at the feather holding elmo! Her teacher was in stitches and how giggly she got, and i couldn't help smiling. we can't wait to see the pictures - they took about 15 or so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, that's so cute. It's great that she did so well.

Your story brings back memories of my school photographer days. The younger kids were always so much more fun than the older ones (middle school and up).

Martina said...

awww, i bet they'll be adorable! i've decided to do the paid photographer thing again...sigh. hopefully everyone will be as agreeable as Aria!! :)

caramama said...

That's so cute! I'll bet the pictures are beautiful!