10.21.2008

I like my big empty office

I work in a large production room (3 workstations, giant work table, large-format inkjet & big color laser printers). And the cool thing now that I'm coming into work more these days is it's still like working from home—my lazy coworker now only comes in twice a week, and for maybe 4 hrs each of those 2 days. He "works from home" the other days. That got the sarcastic quotes because it's questionable whether or not he actually does any work while he's at home. I and others have brought up our issues with this guy to his manager and the group's manager, but the main problem is he does just enough work to appear productive... I could go on and on about this guy. but I won't.

So, I get to play music at a nice volume, and have the convenience of seeing people I need to see, and keep the office doors closed—a cypher lock is a good thing. :-)

4 comments:

caramama said...

That sounds so nice. So much better than my cube in the basement with no privacy plus bugs and mice...

- Dana said...

the only difference is that you're not in your underwear :-)

-goofydaddy said...

HEY! i never was before, just maybe PJs if it was cold. :-)

Martina said...

wait? To go to work without underwear?? Ahs skerred, LOL.