12.29.2008

Christmas cards...

I hope everyone had a good Christmas! We had a fun one overall. Aria gets it, for the most part. She had a little trouble with getting a finite number of gifts. The first night of gifts at my parents' house was a little rough when we had to explain to her that there were no more to open. But then we had stocking extravaganza at Dana's parents' house Christmas morning, and then gifts after breakfast, so we had to re-explain.

Aria liked Christmas Eve service (at 8pm). there's a funny story about that, but you'll have to wait for the official Christmas post. This post is about something a little different.

Right when we were getting our Christmas cards ready to go this year, we had problems with both of our computers. Dana's has our master address list, and hers is still down (I just really haven't had time to fix it). I'm pretty sure it's a motherboard issue, and the hard drives still work, but not sure yet.

So. We went old school this year and only responded to people who sent us cards. I used to follow this rule, but then we just kept sending cards no matter what. No biggie. Well, it's difficult when something you rely on like a computer is gone, with no written addresses, and this time of year is hectic, and you have a toddler, and a wife who's tired all the time cause she's busy making a son-bun in the oven (yes I said son). I'm sure you understand.

Also, a lot of people check here frequently, and are on facebook as well, so you know how we were this year.

For those of you who received a card, and are visiting here for the first time, welcome! check archives for fun videos and pictures, and please comment! It's how we know you are viewing the site. And for those of you who come here and didn't get a card, it doesn't mean we love you less!

on a serious note, we have a family member who had a horrible Christmas this year. Dana's maternal Grandmother fell on Christmas Eve and broke her hip and shoulder. She had Surgery on the 27th, and we visited her that afternoon. She has Alzheimer's as well, so she really is disoriented. She is improving, however. We wish her the best in this difficult time.

4 comments:

caramama said...

Merry (belated) Christmas!

So sorry about Dana's grandmother! I hope she gets better soon.

We simply didn't get out holiday cards this year. With the toddler and my bun in the oven and work for hubby and I being crazy, etc. etc., we just didn't do them. Oh well. We'll try again next year.

How exciting that you know you are having a boy!!! Congrats!

-goofydaddy said...

thanks!

to clarify, I know we're having a boy. no one has told us though. :-) we won't find out for sure until probably the end of February or beginning of March.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about Dana's grandmother! No worries about the Christmas cards, Aria gave me a lovely Christmas gift of a cold :) Small price to pay for a good night with friends!

-goofydaddy said...

it was nice to see you!

You can blame Aria for your cold if you want, but I think it may be from all the plane flights you've been on recently! :-P

I tend to get sick after just one flight - I think it's the recycled air in the cabin.