2.18.2009

Don't eat your broccoli!

Lately Aria's been a little pickier than usual about eating veggies. It never used to be an issue. Tonight after gobbling up her chicken parmesan, noodles and even some friendship bread her broccoli remained on her plate. I don't know what came over me, but I decided to tell her "Aria, don't eat that broccoli!" What does she do? Without question, she put that broccoli in her mouth and gobbled that up too! Kevin joined in and told her not to eat the other ones...and she ate those too! She is silly, I love how she caught on to our "game" and giggled the whole time she went along with it. The funniest things work with her. She likes to keep us on our toes!

On the potty training front...I was a little down today because it's a little worrisome that she's having so much trouble getting the hang of using the potty at school. But on a high note, tonight Aria wanted out of her bath because she had to use the potty. She sat on it, got a little squirmy and then wanted off. That was my cue that she HAD TO GO (if you know what I mean). It took a little encouragement and an M&M to keep her seated. About 15 seconds later, we had success! She was so excited and I was too!

This potty training thing has really opened my eyes about parenting. I had no idea how it would go. I'd read a little and listened to others' stories, somehow I missed the following:

  • Kids might have issues using any other potty then their own at home.
  • Apparently the feeling of having to #2 will scare them so much they won't want to sit on the potty...even if they have undies on!
  • Some kids will hold and hold it because they don't want to use the potty. We're talkin 6 hrs people!
Aria has really educated me as a parent. I had no idea how complicated potty training can be!

No comments: