5.11.2009

I love you mommy.

Tonight Kevin went to bells and I finished up the bedtime routine. Aria was so easy and agreeable tonight which was really nice after yesterday. (It was an interesting Mothers Day...She missed her nap and was a mess and so dramatic about everything the rest of the day.) After her bath and putting on PJs I told her we needed to go downstairs to have a snack.*** She got her cheese and a banana. We sat down on the floor together and had a "picnic" together. She was happy and just babbling about all sorts of stuff. She stopped, looked at me and said, "I love you mommy." It was the sweetest thing! She's said I love you before, but I think it's ALWAYS been prompted or a response to me saying it. This time it was out of nowhere! It was really nice to hear it so sincere.

*** Tomorrow Aria is having corrective eye surgery. We've been patching for the last year and both her eyes have great vision now, which is good news...before she had one eye that was more dominate. But, her eyes are not aligned straight. She has some upturning and crossing at times. The surgery will re-stretch the muscles in her eyes so that they will be more aligned. We received the direction she can't eat before her surgery starting at midnight. Thankfully we will be leaving the house the time she normally wakes up (7ish) and they should start around 8:30. Poor little thing! I just hope that it's not too traumatic for her. Keep us in your prayers. The recovery shouldn't be too bad. She'll be home from school for a week while she heals. Kevin and I will be with her the first couple days and then my mother will come to help out so we can return to work. We'll keep everyone posted!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Lovely Mommy and Goofy Daddy,
You all will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow.

Give Aria a big hug for me.

XO,
Aunt Jennine