5.02.2009

baby brother's room

We're just about done with baby brother's room—as usual Dana did an awesome job designing and painting. I helped by breathing paint fumes all last weekend, Dana did the detail work during the week. Grammy is hard at work quilting and sewing the various things to finish off the room.

Yesterday morning, I showed Aria the room, and she said "OH WOW!" when she saw the argyle designs on the walls. Then when she saw the crib, she said "I'm gonna give baby brother a buddy." Aria ran to her room, saw a little elmo doll, said "ooh elmo. no, wait! I give baby brother my caterpillar!" Aria still likes to sleep with the Baby Einstein stuffed caterpillar from her pack and play, but she grabbed it and ran back into baby brother's room. She threw it into the crib, and said "there. he can sleep with it now." And she hasn't asked for it back to sleep with!

a close-up shows the caterpillar waiting for baby brother

as for names—we have a short list now. And we're pretty sure what his name will be, but we still have time to change our minds. :-)

2 comments:

Dave Zak and Family said...

Wow! The baby's room looks great! Dana. you are so smart with choosing nursery room decor which will be able to stick around longer than a couple of years. Ladybugs and now, Argyle, are so classic and less redo work for you. Can't wait to hear what you've chosen for the baby's name. Also tell Aria that Grandma and Grandpa are so proud of her sharing her caterpillar with her baby brother!
Love,
The Grans

Cate Sia said...

Oh wow, I read the more recent post first, before seeing the pic of the baby's room. It's awesome!