3 weeks ago, I (her mommy) started Aria with swim lessons. I found a local "swim school" that is fantastic, reasonably priced, and the teacher is sooooo friendly. It's important for her to be comfortable/safe with water because she's going to be around it a bunch starting in the spring with our trip to OBX, then visits to my parent's cottage on a river and then pool time during the summer. I would say that she HAD an unhealthy fear of the water. She didn't even like me pouring water on her hair to wash it. And for some reason she thought water was just like air and she would constantly inhale it. With a lot of time and effort, I believe Aria is on her way to becoming my little water bug!
Aria spent a couple visits to the pool sitting on the steps playing with her toys. This got her comfortable with the pool and gave her a chance to meet Coach Dan. Last week she started her official lessons and she is doing great! Coach Dan is perfect with her and she really likes him. He gave us some great tips for bath time play that really has helped us out and has gotten Aria adjusted to the water quite fast. In only 3 weeks, she is blowing bubbles, holding her breath for a couple seconds under water, and laying on her back in the water. Yesterday, it didn't take any convincing to take "rides" with Coach Dan to leave the steps. I'm SO proud of her!
It really is great to see how extra time and effort spent on your child really can make so much of a difference in their lives.
Dylan's 2019 District Hoop Shoot experience
7 years ago








1 comment:
Wow! She's really getting used to the water in her face, eyes, and nose. Maybe Aria can teach grandma how to do that!
Love you guys,
Grandma Zak
Post a Comment