2.04.2008

2 to 1 nap transition

I have to apologize to the grandparents. when you visit Aria on Tuesdays, you won't see her as much as you used to. and here's why:

She is now officially a 1 nap toddler! so, if you get here at 11, you will see her for about an hour. then she wakes up at around 2:30–3:00. your grand total of baby and you time will have dropped from 6.5 hrs to at most 4 hrs. so sorry. bring a book, or something to knit. or play scrabble. or play sudoku. or watch a movie. we have HBO now, not to mention our DVD collection...

4 comments:

caramama said...

How did the transition go? I hear it can be a messy time!

-goofydaddy said...

there was pretty much no transition. We'd been thinking is was about time for the past couple weeks, and she was able to stay awake long enough a handful of times, but some days she just woke up too early to continue the routine. well, this past Friday, she slept in till about 7:45am. So keeping her awake until after lunch was easy. and the weekend was a breeze cause she's got swim class on Saturday morning and we go to church on Sunday morning so she doesn't get bored and therefore tired and cranky. :-)

it also helps that she loves to sleep, and i was having to wake her up at every nap lately.

caramama said...

Sweet! I'm happy for you with the easy transition, and also very jealous. Anything to do with any type of sleep for my girl is DIFFICULT! It's nice to hear it is going well for someone else. :-)

Martina said...

Holy canolis!! That's early to be going down to one nap!! I guess I'm just thinking about Jonathan at 15 months still taking *three* naps a day. I remembered you commented that no wonder he was always happy. He was just glad to be awake!!

I will say, one good long nap is pretty good, though. Paige goes down for her nap around 11:30 and doesn't get up until 2. Drew sleeps most of that time too.

Speaking of sleep...I could use some, lol.