Here are my six quirky things (to see the rules for this go to the post below):
- I have to reorganize things. One example is my closet. I have to go in about every three months or so and organize by style/color and also declutter by setting aside things for charity. I usually keep it pretty clean for some time after, but I think I (subconsciously) start to get really messy so I have a reason to REORGANIZE again. I love it! I also do this with places like our pantry, our computer area and now my daughter's closet/dresser. (I'll stop that one soon because that could get annoying to her...plus she might want to do it herself, hehe.) In my defense, we don't have a lot of storage space in our house so it does help to keep things under control.
- I have an obsession with making food and freezing it. I feel like this is probably a normal thing to do, but I think the enjoyment I get out of it is a little on the quirky side. I love to make soups and now my new favorite is pancakes for Aria. She currently has about 50 banana whole-wheat pancakes in the freezer :-) I did this one night after Aria went to bed this week. I was tired but I always have energy to make food for the freezer!
- I'm anti-collectible. This makes things interesting married to the collectible king. It gets even more interesting when I go through my reorganizing whirlwinds. He is getting better about it though, as he mentioned utilizing e-bay and only continuing to collect things that are small (like coins).
- I can't spell worth anything. This drives Kevin crazy because if he's ever within earshot, I will ask him how to spell words. It's usually words that I really have no excuse for not knowing how to spell.
- I am slightly afraid to drive Kevin's car (Volvo S60). We bought it July 2004 and I've only driven it three times (2 of which where in the last 6 months because I had to). I can't even explain this fear because his car is way nicer and safer than mine!
- I cry every time I get my haircut. I do have a lot of really thick, unevenly curly, potentially fuzzy hair, so can you blame me? It's traumatic when the hairdresser just starts chopping away and doesn't consider that every inch cut equals 3 inches gone when the curls shrink up! After a day or two my hair calms down and half the time I don't really have a problem with my cut. The other half, I cut my own hair to even things up or I start all over with a new hairdresser.
I'm tagging the ally and sammy show!




4 comments:
I get so upset when hairdressers cut my hair too short, and mine is not curly like yours! In fact, I used to go at the MOST 2 times a year.
I was just about to start freezing pancakes! I hear that they freeze better than they last in the fridge, and the Pumpkin LOVES pancakes!
I knew you liked freezing foods but didn't realize how much. I wish I had that dedication for cooking!
My pancake recipe is:
2c whole-wheat flour
2c whole milk (any milk will do, but if you have a toddler, whole milk is good)
4 ripe bananas
1/4c brown sugar (or less if the bananas are very ripe and sweet)
1/4c oil (I use Canola)
2t paking powder
1t baking soda
1/4t salt
Beat eggs until fluffy. Beat in the rest of the ingredients. Use pan with a little bit of oil or griddle to cook. A heaping table spoon of batter make nice sized baby pancakes. Turn pancakes over when you see bubbles rise, making medium brown on both sides. FREEZE and eat for the next couple months. It just takes about 30 seconds in the microwave to reheat :-)
Thanks for the recipe! I'm going to try that recipe and some other ones I've got. I can't wait!!
Post a Comment