2.22.2008

6 quirky things - part one?

Looks like i've been tagged! La Folle Maman notified me that I would be participating in the six quirky things meme. :-) this is labeled part one because it was suggested that i get my baby mommy to do list hers too. we shall see, we shall see...

Here are the rules:

1) Link to the person that tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least 3 people at the end of your post and link to their blogs.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6) Let the fun begin!

here goes:

  1. I am a collector. if i find something i like, i tend to collect them and try to get the complete set. marketing execs know this about me and they make sure to number their wares so i know that i am missing something. eventually i tire of it, or feel i need to move on to the next thing, so i ebay em if it will sell.

    I think the collector in me was dormant until mid high school when i noticed that the 2 Nine Inch Nails albums i had had a "halo 2" and "halo 5" marking on them. then i had to find out what and where the other halos where. turned out they were singles and remix albums. well, 17 years later and i have all 25 "halos" including several imports, and 1 DVD, and 1 BluRay even though i don't have a player yet. the grand total of Nine Inch Nails discs i have is 33. of one band. enough of that - I've collected comic books (still have about 400), DVDs (about 300), but have stopped because i was waiting for who would win the new format war (BluRay of course), Star Wars figures (had all the episode 1 figures that came out in 1999/2000), and US mint coins.

  2. I still play with Lego sets. Star Wars Lego sets to be exact. I have always liked Lego, it's the follow instructions and building models that i like. most kids like to combine all their Lego bricks and make up something else entirely. not me. i always had to keep the sets in their individual boxes, and i only liked building the sets. maybe that's another quirky thing, but it ties into this one so :-P. there was a Lego ad campaign in the late 80s about Zach the Lego maniac. that was my nickname in middle school.

    the collector in me has made sure that i have the largest of the Star Wars sets - i have 9 sets that total over 15,000 pieces! they are very detailed and very time consuming to make, so i don't make them much anymore. there is one on Dana's desk right now that she's been wanting me to take apart but it takes a while to take apart as well. :-)

  3. If i like a book, or a movie, or a TV show, i read or watch it over and over again. yeah what's so quirky about that? I dunno, maybe it's the fact that i've read The Lord of the Rings about 10 times, and read it every year, sometimes twice a year. I've seen every episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation at least 10 times. I can tell you what the episode is about, which season it was, and if there were any guest stars if you tell me the name of the episode, or if i see the opening scene. i've seen all the movies in my over 300 collection at least 5 times. the next one is a tie in to this, because if you've seen a lot of TV/movies...

  4. my useless knowledge of TV/movie stars can be annoying. we'll be watching a show or a movie, and i'll be saying "that's Diedrich Bader, he was in the Drew Carey show, but most people don't know he was in an episode of Star Trek, and no he wasn't a red shirt. i think he had 2 lines, it was the episode in season 2 (the worst season btw)..." My friends and family who know me well have learned to tune me out, i believe. I DON'T CARE CAUSE I KEEP TALKING ANYWAY!!!! :-)

  5. I like to cross-stitch. Dana bought me a cool program that lets you create your own patterns. I've got a very detailed one of our cat that i made and i'm still working on it after almost 3 years. :-\ I did make a ladybug one for Aria's room. and I have a Green Lantern (fave super hero from my comic collecting days) pattern just waiting so i feel cooler when i do cross stitch.

  6. I don't like needles very much, but i still give blood as often as possible. I can feel every molecule of that needle when it's sitting in my arm, and it's not a good feeling. it usually only takes just under 5 minutes to get a pint out of me, so i'm glad for that. :-) i don't get queezy or anything like that cause after being a po-po (a police) and seeing a live birth, i've seen a lot worse than getting stuck with a needle. keep things in perspective... yeah that's the ticket...
I am passing this along to Zeta-Baby, and Dana will have a blog to send to also. :-)

3 comments:

e0n said...

I knew you would tag us!!!!! LOL!

La folle maman said...

Wow. That's a really good list!

I think you're need to figure out where a particular actor is from (if in the rare case you don't know it) has rubbed off on DH and I. At least me anyway. It really annoys me if I can't figure it out and I end up going to IMDB!

caramama said...

I love Legos for the same reasons you do! I also love to cross-stitch, but I can't do it much in the last few years because my carpel tunnel will act up (especially when I was pregnant!), making it very difficult. But I'd love a program to help design my own. I keep wanting to pick it back up.

Oh, and one of these days Londo and you should have a TNG trivia competition. You sound like you could actually hold your own against him! ;-)