4.02.2008

Day 4: Wednesday? what happened to April fool's?

"Mommy? This toy phone doesn't have good reception"
I had planned on doing an April Fool's post, but the fact that i forgot illustrates how messed up I am this week. Sunday felt like a Monday, and i fell asleep on the couch Monday night (oops!), so when Aria woke up i had no idea what was going on! with work and Aria almost 24/7 this week, i totally missed it.

Today Aria and I went to Chesterbrook Academy to hand in the enrollment forms and get any final info for what we need to bring on Monday. Aria had so much fun in her new classroom, she met her classmates and played a while with all the toys. I don't think it will be a problem when we drop her off for the first day. she actually got upset when i picked her up to leave!

all was well though because we played outside when we got home. Aria's moo
d has been pretty good overall over the past 4 days, but mommy being absent is taking its toll. her temper tantrum threshold is much lower, as evidenced by the following photo series — I call it "The Camera is Not a Toy":

"Smile for the picture, Aria, so Mommy can see you on the blog."

"Oh, can I see the camera Daddy?"
"No?! OK, I throw a tantrum then!"
"huh. what was I so upset about? I dunno. Hey look at that glass over there!"
"I can see myself!"
"OOH Daddy! can I see the camera?"
Needless to say, the camera disappeared for the rest of the afternoon.

Mommy requests today: 5
Total Mommy requests: 36

4 comments:

- Dana said...

Great pictures. You are so funny.

I'm coming home tomorrow!!!!! YAY! I'm ready. And seeing that the number of mommy requests is lessening, I need to get home, quick!

You are doing such a great job. Love you!

-goofydaddy said...

:-)

caramama said...

You are out of it! Apparently, you should not be left alone or you mix up your days and fall asleep on the couch, huh? ;-)

Love the photo essay of Aria's temper tantrum. I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to take pics of my child throughing a tantrum!

-goofydaddy said...

i feel like one of those movies where the bachelor suddenly gets a kid ("Big Daddy" comes to mind). except i kinda know what i'm doing. :-)

I feel bad when i take pictures of her in full on tantrum mode, but those faces she makes are cute, funny, and heart breaking all at the same time. not too many things can claim that.