10.19.2008

Man Nooks

Over at parent bloggers they are having a Blog Blast about man caves. It's sponsored by Bill Me Later. So I thought I'd discuss my Cava Nuveau™, the Man Nook™.
I've talked a bit before about how I'm a collector by nature, but I've severely toned it down over the years. I used to collect comics, lego sets, Star Wars figures, DVDs, and coins, so having a space to display it all would be great, but not entirely feasible when you are married and have a kid.
I'm a musician, so when thinking about buying a house, I always imagined having space for me to setup all my instruments. Fortunately, the house we now own has such a space. it's kinda a nook. my Man Nook™ (insert dirty thought here—wait, please don't).
Being the nice husband that I am, I didn't try to take over the whole basement with my collections. The basement became half office, half music area. Then Aria was born, so it became half office, half play area, half music area—I used to be good at math. Either way, like the other floors in the house, our little girl is taking over this one too. oh well.
My collections are safely packed away where no one has to look at them except me when I decide to open the door to the furnace room and daydream of building the Ultimate Collector's Series LEGO Star Destroyer, or read some old Green Lantern comics in the closet under the stairs (yes, I have done it). These are my other nooks, though not really used. I do have a Man Book Nook™ in our bedroom that is constantly growing...

I apologize for the use of trademarks, we just saw The Love Guru this weekend—he used a lot of those little TMs, and alt 0153 is too easy (I use it at work lots).

3 comments:

caramama said...

That is a nice nook! I love the drum set!

I can't wait to get a piano one day for my "parlor." My parlor already has my two antique chairs and some china in it. I will girl it up some day, especially when I can put an upright piano (that's all that would fit) in it!

Anonymous said...

I love the tradmarks! Nice touch!

The little ones do take over, don't they? Sometimes I wonder if there is ANY ROOM in the house without a real toy or makeshift one (think paper towel tube that's been dragged upstairs for some reason).

Martina said...

ha ha!! I alllllllways think of you at Christmas because we usually get Jonathan a Lego set/project to work on. That and the few times we buy anything that needs to be assembled. WWKD? I think. We should fly you down just for grins, LOL.