5.02.2009

yummy chocolate walls!

Last weekend was fun, aside from me checking every now and then to see if our domain was back up (google fails, godaddy rocks as always btw).

We went to a local park on Saturday morning, had a picnic, then Aria played with her friend Austin from across the street. They played in the pool, and sat in the tree. hey, wait. they sat in a tree, but smiled for the camera, and that's it! here's pics to prove it!

JUST sitting in the tree. Nothing else to see here, move along...

As mentioned in the previous post, I painted the walls of baby brother's room on Saturday and Sunday. The top 2/3s of the walls is a light tan, and the bottom 1/3 is dark brown. Dana craved chocolate when she was pregnant with Aria, and I think that craving is beginning to manifest itself in her choice of paint. This "dark brown" really looks like milk chocolate to me! When I was pouring out the paint it reminded me of the chocolate river in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. I had to stop myself several times from licking my finger whenever I wiped up a mistake! It went on brownish-almost purple, then dried a nice hershey bar dark brown. Maybe the boy's name should be Augustus? :-)

------------------------------------------------------------

This weekend has been fun so far, we went to our friends' house this morning and Aria played with their son
Devin. They are having a girl about a month before we're having our boy, so we exchanged clothes. thanks guys!

Well, we maybe stayed a little longer than originally expected, through lunch, Devin's nap, and all the while Aria played, and ate (we found out she likes spinach alfredo pizza). I thought she would fall asleep in the car about 5 minutes from home. no, more like 5 minutes INTO the trip home!

I decided to let her sleep on me for a bit after we got home cause in the past, she wakes up right away if we lay her on the couch or her bed. We wanted her to get more than 20 minutes for her nap, even though it was kinda late. And I love it when she sleeps on me. Dana took pictures, and it reminded us of when she was just two weeks old...

Look at how small I've gotten!

1 comment:

Cate Sia said...

That is too cute! I guess she really wore herself out. And the chocolate walls sound really yummy.