Sleeping with Doogan during the trip to Massachusetts last August

Aria is soooo attached to her stuffed bear. It helps that he's kinda in the shape of a star, and has a star patch on his belly (Aria's second word, and favorite shape). she even named him—well at about 6 months old, she said what sounded like "Doogan" so we've been calling him that.
"Have some breakfast, Doogan."
I've mentioned before that he's been washed countless times, and had 2 surgeries. the first was a tag-ectomy. Aria loved to suck on the tag whenever she had him, so it was dirty and falling apart. it had to be removed. so then Aria moved to the little ribbon/bow on Doogan's neck. this caused a hole to develop near that spot, so Grandma Jane had to sew up the accidental tracheotomy. well his next operation will probably be a re-stuffing, as all the loving and washing has clumped up his insides a bit.

Doogan looking real tired
A while ago, we basically made Doogan only available to Aria for naps and bedtime. I think this helped her sleep routine, as she knew when she was handed Doogan that it meant it was time for sleep and she would relax and if she's really tired, she leans towards her crib. As Doogan gets older, i think Aria may have found a replacement. Her new favorite toy is a little Elmo doll, and she has slept with him and Doogan sometimes. i hope Doogan doesn't get jealous!





4 comments:
I love Doogan! He's so cute!
I think it's a great idea to save him for naps and bedtime.
I love hearing about Doogan's many surgeries! Not often does one find a tracheotomy endearing!
we love him too :-)
maybe we'll get him bronzed when his time is up, or shadowbox the remnants
:-)
D to the double O, G - A - N! You are the best! Thanks for assisting Aria through all her sleep filled naps and nights. (I love it, Kevin named him that when we talk about him and we don't want Aria to know. That will be funny when she catches on and repeats it.)
Post a Comment