3.03.2008

shaving my head for a cause

so yeah i normally cut my hair pretty close (been using the clippers with no attachments recently), but i'm letting it grow out a bit so i can have it shaved off for a good cause. I'm shaving my head for the eighth annual St. Baldrick's Day in solidarity with children who have cancer and typically lose their hair during cancer treatment. i will be posting pics before and after :-)
my page on stbaldricks site

Worldwide, more than 160,000 children are diagnosed with cancer each year. While advances have saved many children, childhood cancer still claims the lives of more children in the US than any other disease - more than diabetes, asthma, congenital anomalies, cystic fibrosis and AIDS - combined!

Please make a donation on my behalf to support childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure. Funds raised by the St. Baldrick's Foundation will be used to fund childhood cancer research - to help speed the day when every child with cancer will be guaranteed a healthy future.

1 comment:

caramama said...

That's awesome! Good for you! That's a great thing to do!

While I won't be shaving my head, um, EVER, I've always planned to cut off my hair at some point to donate as part of the Locks of Love program. As soon as I have enough that I'm willing to cut off, or as soon as I'm ready to loss what I've got. Someday.