GoofyDaddy!
Kevin and I needed to put ointment in Aria's eyes before I left for work this morning. The last 4 times were huge struggles and ended with us pinning Aria down and just getting it over with. She screamed & cried, but then got over it a minute later (it's for her own good).
This morning Kevin put on a winning performance to show Aria what we needed to do...he laid down on the floor, I pretended to put the ointment in his eyes, he acted scared but then let me do it. No sooner after Kevin said "All done!" Aria laid herself down in his spot! She let me hold her eyes open and get the ointment in with little struggle. She's such a good little girl. I'm sure it won't be that easy later, but it was sure funny and so nice :-) Good job Daddy!
UPDATE FROM GOOFYDADDY: I tried the same thing before I ran to work at 11:30. Only this time, I asked Aria to put the medicine in my eyes. I quickly realized this was a bad idea, as she started to take the cap off the tube! So, I asked Grammy to put it in my eyes. I added a bit more to my performance, squinting, getting upset, saying "I don't want the medicine! it hurts!" and Grammy acted the scene out with me (take note goofymommy). Once Grammy was done putting the medicine in my eyes, Aria lay down just like before. She let me put the ointment in her eyes, only flinching just a little!
Dylan's 2019 District Hoop Shoot experience
7 years ago




4 comments:
Nice! I can picture the scene!
What a clever maneuver! Did you watch Grey's Anatomy a few months ago where George did the same thing for a little boy who needed a blood test or did you come up with that on your own? Knowing you Kevin and how creatively smart you are, I would say it was the latter.
Glad to hear Aria is doing so well!
Love,
Grandma
we don't watch grey's crapatomy. :-) so thank you for saying how creative I am :-)
Hey there son of mine....Don't knock Grey's Anatomy until you've watched it for at least one season!!
Post a Comment