7.07.2008

pillow gnomes...

I can honestly say i've never lost a sock in the laundry. ever. have you? have you ever lost other larger things? how about a pillow? well we have lost Aria's daycare pillow. we don't know how, but it is gone. the pillow cover survived somehow, but I spent about 2 hours on Sunday scouring the house for the lost pillow.

at the end of every week, Aria's bag of stuff (pillow, bed sheet, blanket, etc.) comes home with whoever picks her up, usually mommy. this past week it was thursday. Aria has 2 pillows, and the one that went with us for the 4th came home. I know cause i pulled it out of the bag when we got home late Saturday.

Now Sunday rolls around, and we've got to get her stuff together for Monday morning. We did a ton of laundry, and then started packing the bag, but no pillow. I looked everywhere. literally. I mean EVERYWHERE. totally objective, looking in the basement, the furnace, etc., where the pillow had no business being. i even looked outside, in case Dana dropped it by accident. so some pillow gnome must have made off with Aria's pillow...

had to post this, as it's driving me nuts!

4 comments:

caramama said...

I seem to lose things like that all the time. For example, I haven't seen my watch in a week. The one I wear EVERY DAY and always keep in one of two places when it's not on my wrist. I remember exactly when I last had it, but I have no idea what happened to it.

In most cases, the lost items randomly show up once you've stopped looking. I hope that happens for you!

La folle maman said...

Maybe it's the thing that keeps setting off Monkey's activity table in the middle of the night! It's been really creeping us out so I finally turned it off.

-goofydaddy said...

omg - we have a yellow pot thingie that used to occasionally go off when no one was near it. it would say "yellow pot!" and it's got this kinda scary clown like smile. i thought that one day we'd come home to our house completely burned to the ground, but the yellow pot would be untouched, and staring at us with that freaky smile, it would say "yellow pot!" But only this time, it would sound very very evil.

-goofydaddy said...

oh, we realized that the daycare keeps the pillow over the weekend and just puts the pillowcase in Aria's bag. so we are not crazy, and the pillow gnomes are not trying to profit.